Monday 30 May 2011

Pharpin' All Night



I'm cooking for myself today and as usual, I'm getting my meal ready for tonight.  I won't be hungry until about 6 o'clock because I have a big bowl of pinhead oatmeal every day just before midday:

1 heaped cup of pinhead oatmeal
 2 level cupfuls of water - (if you know how to heap water let me know and I'll change that to 1½ heaped cupfuls of water, arf arf.)

I didn't have any sweet potatoes left today so I chopped up two small eating apples instead - and to counter the sweetness of the apples I've mixed in a tablespoon of tomato puree (evenly heaped - work that one out if you can).

So today's concoction:

Mirepoix

1 onion
1 large carrot
2 Royal Gala eating apples
1 mushroom
1 stick of celery

I cooked it on the lowest heat for 1 hour and mixed in:

½ a teaspoon of turmeric
1 heaped teaspoon of Cajun mix
1 heaped tablespoon of tomato puree

I chopped up:

1 tomato
4 large leaves of cabbage
Some celery leaves chopped

I have a couple of good handfuls of sprouted mung beans waiting in the fridge and I'm soaking some sunflower seeds just in case I'm hungry.

When the mirepoix cooled, I threw the cabbage, tomato and celery on top.  I’ll put the pan on at the lowest heat possible tonight and gently heat the mirepoix, which will lightly steam the cabbage etc on top.

I'm off to work now, and I'll see later how that lot tastes.

Result: Pretty good - but, as usual, I'll be pharpin' all night now.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Is-five-a-day-easier-said-than-done
 http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Best-Way-to-Keep-Fresh-Green-Vegetables

No comments:

Post a Comment