Monday 30 May 2011

No Carrots or Celery Today

Douse Your Green Vegetables Daily in Water Then Let Them Drink 24/7


Simple Sweet and Sour Sauce
I had no carrots or celery today, so I couldn't make a proper mirepoix.  I had no sweet potatoes either. 

Anyway, I had some mandarin oranges and an apple, so I doubled the amount of chopped onions, chopped up three mandarins and an apple, and added a heaped tablespoon of tomato puree to counteract the sweetness of the fruit.  Then I seasoned it with ½ teaspoon of turmeric and 1 heaped teaspoon of Fajita seasoning.  That gave me a sweet and sour sauce, which worked out fine. 

As usual, I chopped up some cabbage and put it on top of the mirepoix.  I'll steam it lightly on top of the mirepoix at the lowest heat at mealtime. 

I'd used all the sprouted mung beans, so I soaked some sunflower seeds, and mixed them in with the sauce and cabbage:

Sauce:

3 small onions
1 Granny Smith eating apple
3 mandarin oranges

Cook for 1 hour at the lowest heat. You can add vinegar to this; I don't.

Add:

½ teaspoon of turmeric
1 heaped teaspoon of Fajita seasoning
1 heaped tablespoon of tomato puree

Steam then mix in:

4 enormous cabbage leaves - chopped
A handful of sunflower seeds

We had fish kedgeree made with quinoa and broccoli with that.  You'll get that recipe below.
 
Here's The Best Possible Way to Store Fresh Green Vegetables
Fish Kedgeree Made With Quinoa and Sprouted Mung Beans

No comments:

Post a Comment